Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tech Tip -- Garage Door Opener

.
One of the difficulties of riding a motorcycle is having to trigger the automatic garage door opener upon leaving and upon returning.

I have found myself borrowing the radio control from the car, fumbling around with it in my tank bag, then forgetting to put it back into the car when I am through riding. Another way of opening and closing the door is to use the keypad adjacent to the door on the outside, but trying to finger the code into the keypad when I have my motorcycle gloves on is difficult, resulting in several misses before success is achieved.

Here is a technical solution to the problem using an Autoswitch Model AS5PG2 control that wires into one of the bar switches to actuate the door's remote control.

Here is a video of it in action:


Problem solved!



Another method of solving the same problem is shown here.

Problem solved again!
.

No comments: