Saturday, October 26, 2013

Cold Already!

.
Here in South Carolina, it seems that there are only two seasons, summer and winter.  Spring and fall are all too short.

Just a couple of weeks ago, we were running the air conditioning, but now we have the heat on.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was sweltering in my riding gear, but now I need to bundle up.  It was 33 degrees when I was getting ready for my ride this morning.

See:

Did that stop me?  No.

I dress for it.  And I have heated grips.  My set of Hippo Hands is not yet on for the winter, however.  On the road, I watch for any places where there might be frost, or, say, fallen leaves that could be slippery. 

I only rode about 130 miles today up to Saluda North Carolina on the Greenville Watershed Road and over to Dupont Forest, then back down the Blue Ridge Escarpment on US-276 past Caesars Head.  Like this:

View Larger Map

I didn't see many bikes out today, but lots of leaf peepers, though the colors don't seem at peak as yet.  Maybe in a week or so, they will be better. 

Reference:
  • Dressing for Cold Weather Riding, Take One
  • Dressing for Cold Weather Riding, Take Two
  • Dressing for Cold Weather Riding, Take Three
.

.

No comments: