Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Day Meander

.
Many of us are fortunate to live in places where we are able to ride almost year around.  South Carolina, where I live, is one such place.

We have had lots of rain over the past two months, so I have not been out riding much.  But today -- New Years Day, 2016 -- I was able to go out for a few hours.  The temperature was in the high 50s, so it was a pleasant ride.

With all the rain we have had, I had to watch for washed mud, and sand, and gravel, however.  Like this:

And this:

So, I didn't ride up into the Blue Ridge Escarpment, but, rather, kept to some flatter roads with some sweeping curves just south of there.

I ran across a sports car rally in one place on highway SC-11: 


The payoff today, though, was that the skies were not overcast everywhere.  They were blue with these pretty clouds: 



Ya' can't beat a beautiful picture like those, can you?   

How about you?  Did you get out on New Years Day?  What sights did you see?
.
.
.

No comments: